President Trump Pledges to Boycott Virtual Debate With Biden

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email

President Donald Trump pledges to boycott the virtual debate with former Vice-President Joe Biden scheduled for Oct. 15.

“Not wasting my time with a virtual event,” Trump told Fox Business News after the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) announced the second presidential debate would take the form of a town meeting, in which the candidates would join from separate remote locations for safety reasons.

“For the swamp creatures at the Presidential Debate Commission to now rush to Joe Biden’s defense by unilaterally canceling an in-person debate is pathetic,” Bill Stepien, Trump campaign manager, said in a statement.

“The safety of all involved can easily be achieved without canceling a chance for voters to see both candidates go head to head. We’ll pass on this sad excuse to bail out Joe Biden and do a rally instead.”

The president was diagnosed with COVID-19 last week after the in-person debate with Biden. He spent a few days at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) and was discharged Monday night.

Don't Miss Out!

Subscribe to the CNJ newsletter for the latest breaking news, commentary, entertainment,  contests, and more!